Friday, December 21, 2007

Going Home to Texas

When I moved to Edwardsville in the fall of '03, I very quickly felt at home in this community. I was thankful and remain thankful that God has so well provided for my wants in every way. As I was leaving St Louis in December of '03 to go to Texas for Christmas, about an hour from Edwardsville I was ready to turn back and go home. I'm such a homebody! I love spending time at home, it's the place I like to be the most. I love to travel, visit friends and family, fellowship with saints in various locations, but as soon as I arrive at my destination I'm ready to go home.

This afternoon, about 1 o'clock I'll be leaving the office and hitting I-44 for the long drive to Texas. I've got a busy weekend ahead of me and will see lots of family, but also friends in the faith. I hope to make it to Oklahoma City tonight and sleepover at a hotel. Then I'll get up early and drive on to Dallas. I hope to arrive in Dallas at around noon and go to the home of Elder Mike Montgomery. It has been nearly five years since I was last in him home and attended his church, so I am very excited. To add to the excitement, Elder David Montgomery and his family (I lived with them for two years) will also be there Saturday and Sunday. Sunday I'll get to see Elder Mark Rowell who is courting a sister at Old School Church so we're looking forward to a very big day together on Sunday. I just can't wait!

Then Sunday afternoon I will drive to my Dad's and he and I will go Christmas shopping together. Then on Christmas Eve I'll have time with my Mom and her family. Christmas Day I will leave to head home and plan to have my Great-Grandmother with me. I'm very excited about her return, and she's planning to be with me at least until May!

I'm looking forward to a wonderful weekend and time with my family, but I'm already missing home. I will miss my flock this Sunday and worshipping together with them. I will miss my Sweetheart, too! I imagine Tuesday's trip home will be lightning fast!!! :-)

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas with your families, friends and loved ones. May the Lord Jesus Christ be exalted, and bless you as you praise Him. May we remember the sacrifice of His life to cover our sins, and let us give thanks unto His name!

No comments: