Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Dentist :-(

This morning, for the first time in many years I had to see a dentist. Seeing a dentist doesn't bother me in the sense of being afraid. I don't worry about the pain as usually a person is in enough pain that you know the dentist will bring relief. What I do fear is the bill!!!

I am also hesitant because you never know (with a new dentist) if he/she will do a good job, be gentle and kind, or will be a bad doctor with a gruff manner. Today, I made an appointment to see Dr. William Stapleton. I went in a bit nervous until I met him. He's about 55, white hair, a big smile and very gracious. The ladies that work for him, Lisa and Linda say he's a great dentist too. Of course, I am sure they say that out of obligation, or they would have to work for another dentist!

Anyway, I have a tooth that is abscessed, so today all he could do was give me antibiotics and pain medicine, and I have to return Monday so he can remove the tooth.

Since it has been several years since my last visit, he has his work cut out for him, but I know by the time he finishes, I'll be able to smile without a grimace!

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Brother Chris you should have come to Md and come to were I work. lol
It must have been wounderful to get your teeth cleaned. lol I just had mine done on Tuesday as well. Well talk to you later. God bless.

R. L. Vaughn said...

Chris, I share your fear -- not of the dentist, but of the dental bill!!

Chris Crouse said...

Marcy - it is a long way to go to come to Maryland for all the dental work I need. But, bring your dentist to me and that'd be great! I see mine in about an hour and a half!

Robert - yes, fearing the one today too!