Saturday, September 22, 2007

If helicopters are so safe, how come there are no vintage / classic helicopter fly-ins?

Perhaps it is a good thing that I read this quote AFTER my first helicopter ride ever!

Today, Dad and I took a 15-20 minute helicopter ride over the city of St. Louis, and boy, it was great. I've flown in planes many, many times; however, I've always wanted to ride in a helicopter. Today we had that chance.

Here are some photos I took from the air: (I won't include them all, I took over 100.)


Missouri Botanical Garden (lop-sided view)

St. Louis Art Museum (Forest Park)

Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis

Roof of Union Station

Hyatt Hotel at Union Station

City Museum

Downtown from the West

Down the Mississippi

Up the Mississippi

If you look close, you'll see a boat on its side...this is here from the Great Flood of 1993. I just thought it was a pretty cool shot.

Our Ride (the blades really are turning)

Right Down the Middle

2 comments:

strem said...

WOW! What a trip! Those are some great shots. Glad you had such a good time with your dad. It was great to meet him.

Jeremy Sarber said...

Great shots!