Tuesday, September 4, 2007

It Is Finished

Not redemption, though that is finished too. No, I mean the dental work. Today was my last visit to the dentist for six months! Today he installed the bridge which completed three months worth of extractions, root canals, fillings, stitches, gauze, salt water rinses, learning to eat different ways each week, etc... No more shots, laughing gas, tugging, pulling, drilling or grinding. Now the only grinding is the nice new grinders that he installed. Too bad Solomon didn't have them when he said the "grinders cease because they are few." My grinders are in good order!

Although I do have to say that I'll miss the weekly and bi-weekly visits (I know, I am abnormal) to see Dr. Stapleton, his nurse Terri, and also Lisa and Linda. They've been great. However, Terri did ask about our services today and spoke as if she might drop in for worship at Little Flock! I hope she does.

So, folks, all the dental posts are finished likewise, now I'll have to find something new and exciting to write about. Perhaps I'll get back to the Bible again!

6 comments:

strem said...

HOORAY! (Both about the end of the dental work and return to the bible studies.)

Elizabeth said...

Woohoo, I am sure words cannot possibly explain the joy and thanksgivings involved in knowing that you will have six months free of Dentists! I'm excited for you.

Jeremy Sarber said...

I understand completely. I've actually had an off and on toothache for about two weeks now. I put off the dentist at first because they are expensive and unfortunately, I'm without insurance for the moment. Now I'm just procrastinating. I hate dentists. Well, I don't them. I hate what they do.

Chris Crouse said...

Jeremy: Check out the link I'm providing. This dental discount plan is amazing. It costs $6.95 a month and the savings are great. My total dental bills were over $9,000. I was given a discount of almost $4,000 by having this plan.

It is not insurance, and not many dentists take it. Those who do simply agree to discount their services.

For instance, a cleaning will cost with this about $25 vs $60, a filling about $45 vs $100. X-Rays and all are around $50.

If you need more than that, say a root canal, they are about $480 vs $900.

And for $7 a month, it is well worth the cost, it will pay for itself many times over. For someone without insurance, it is a life saver.

I highly encourage you to get it and go on to the dentist as bad as you dislike it. I waited for over 5 years and thus I had major problems. So see to it now!

The link is:

http://www.maxdental.com/?gclid=CKaJ3L-jso4CFQEtZQod82zWfw

Chris Crouse said...

That is:

http://www.maxdental.com

Jeremy Sarber said...

Thank you. I will be checking that out.