Monday, September 3, 2007

A Visit from Dad

I am very excited, my Dad called today to let me know he's coming in two weeks to spend a weekend with me. He'll fly in on Friday morning and be here through Sunday afternoon. I haven't seen my Dad since Christmas, and this is his first visit to St Louis since I've been here, 4 years next month.

We've got the weekend halfway planned, on Friday & possibly Saturday night we'll take in a Cards vs Astros game. We've got great tickets for the Friday night game, right on the first base line just a few rows behind the dugout! When I was a kid I often went to games in Arlington with my Dad and siblings to see the Rangers play. I enjoy a good ballgame, especially with Dad.

I'm sure we'll take in some other sights, good food (he loves steaks, like me) and some good movies (like me he like tv and theaters).

Here is a photo of my Dad, and my niece, Katelynn, taken at Christmas '06. Katelynn was very excited showing off the wad of $20's my Dad had given her for her gift.

So far, this has been a good year for family visits. My Grandma was here a couple weeks ago and spent 3 days with me, Dad is coming in two weeks, then my Mom, Grandma and Great-Grandma are coming for Thanksgiving and spending about 5 days. It sure makes it easier being away from Texas when a little Texas comes here to Illinois!

3 comments:

strem said...

Hope you have a wonderful visit when he's here!

Dani said...

Have fun! But don't accidential delete all the incriminating photos. After all we want to see what trouble ya'll manage to get into. :)

Sandy-san said...

Hmm... do you have your Dad's smile? The picture is sort of fuzzy, but it sort of looks like it. =)

Sandy-san