Thursday, May 24, 2007

Farewell For Awhile

Isaac Corn, a member at Little Flock, left today for a 10 week internship in Colorado. Brother Isaac is trying to finish up his four year degree in some type of science (I am not a science guru, actually I know VERY little about science). He told me recently that it has to do with chemistry. He could give you all the details. It is fascinating, just beyond me, so I can't remember what he said!

He will be returning in August to finish his last semester at SIUE, then will be moving on to his doctorate work. We know we'll most likely lose him to a southern school (who could blame him?), but I don't look forward to the time that he's gone.

In the nearly four years that I have pastored here, Brother Isaac has been a continual encouragement to me. I've been thankful to watch him throughout this time and see him face, with grace, the challenges of youth. I always enjoy hearing him tell of the various folks he engages in doctrinal discussions, and to see how well equipped he is to defend the doctrine that was once delivered to the saints.

I hope you'll join me in praying for Brother Isaac, that our Lord will protect and preserve him over the next 10 weeks, and guide him in the decisions that are forthcoming.

1 comment:

oldbaptistadam said...

I wish you the best, Brother Isaac. If you come south, find a way to come see us!